Eugenia Kierbedziowa, (born 1855 - died 10 July 1946)
Honorary Citizen of Warsaw since April 1929
Daughter of Stanisław Kierbedź, the famous builder of steel truss bridges, including the first steel bridge in Warsaw, closes the roster of pre-war Honorary Citizens of Warsaw.
However, the Council of Warsaw honoured Eugenia Kierbedziowa for her own merits in respect of the capital. She was a great philanthropist. In 1914 she donated to the city a building in Koszykowa Street specially-built and furnished for the purpose of a Public Library. She founded the building of the School of Fine Arts at Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie and the building for the Society for the Promotion of Folk Industry (Towarzystwo Popierania Przemysłu Ludowego). She also financed the construction of one of the pavilions of the hospital for the mentally ill in Drewnica, near Warsaw.